High Performance All Season Tires
As many of you may know the new C8 Corvette in the US comes with Michelin's new AS4 all-season high-performance tires.   Not sure if that is the case with C8s in Germany but ... have you used all-season tires on your 'Vette?

I have owned a 911, M3 & RS4 in the past ... all of which I switched to high-performance all-season shoes.   While not a good idea if you intend to track the car I always found them to be more than good enough for some VERY spirited driving outside the track and they offer some protection for when you go out during the day & it gets cold and maybe even a little wet in the evening.   I would NEVER drive any car in real snow with all-season tires never mind a true performance machine like a 'Vette.

What are your thoughts?   Have you run your 'Vette with all-season high-performance tires?
Good question. I would never drive with all-season tires. I only have winter tires on my 4WD-car. That's ok if you just have to drive a few in a bit of snow. I live in the mountains. Only real winter tires are needed here.

My opinion - all-season tires are junk. By the way ... a Corvette isn't good to drive in snow anyway. A little snow is okay. I'm talking about "real" snow ......... Augenrollen

have fun 
Sani
All season tires? Never ever. They are not good in winter neither in summer. Even on a normal car don´t drive that, but for sure, not on the Corvette.

Best regards

Edgar
[Bild: sig_edgar.jpg]
(24.11.2020, 16:42)sani schrieb: Good question. I would never drive with all-season tires. I only have winter tires on my 4WD-car. That's ok if you just have to drive a few in a bit of snow. I live in the mountains. Only real winter tires are needed here.

My opinion - all-season tires are junk. By the way ... a Corvette isn't good to drive in snow anyway. A little snow is okay. I'm talking about "real" snow ......... Augenrollen

have fun 
Sani

Yeah, as I said I would NEVER drive any car in real snow with all-season tires never mind a true performance machine like a 'Vette.   But for the cold (summers get too hard) and lite wet I think they are good.   Just seems like they are not that popular here in Germany and my C7 is my daily driver ;-)
(24.11.2020, 17:23)Maseratimerlin schrieb: All season tires? Never ever. They are not good in winter neither in summer. Even on a normal car don´t drive that, but for sure, not on the Corvette.

Best regards

Edgar

But the C8 comes with the Michelin AS4 as standard the tire.
That's not a contradiction. King

Corvettes never have been delivered with all season tires, but they are doing it on the Fiero II  Großes Grinsen Großes Grinsen Großes Grinsen

Jaaa, ich weiß ..... dumdidum

Gruß

JR
[Bild: cf_sig_2009.jpg]
Es ist schade, dass nicht mehr das Erreichte zählt, sondern das Erzählte reicht!
My GS ist my daily too, so it is evident to me, to have the best tires on the Corvette daily.

Best regards

Edgar
[Bild: sig_edgar.jpg]
An all season tyre is a compromise by definition, ok in summer and in winter, but not really very good in summer nor in winter. If you can live with the compromise you can go that route, in summer the Vette will still be better than most cars.
For me an all season tyre is a no, no, in summer I really enjoy the unrestricted performance of my Vette - that's what I bought it for.
Gruß

Götz
(24.11.2020, 17:38)JR schrieb: That's not a contradiction. King

Corvettes never have been delivered with all season tires, but they are doing it on the Fiero II  Großes Grinsen Großes Grinsen Großes Grinsen

Jaaa, ich weiß ..... dumdidum

Gruß

JR

JR, I am sorry to "burst your bubble" but the C8 comes with all-season Michelin tires ... here is an article stating it & explaining why.  https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28414...son-tires/
(24.11.2020, 17:42)Maseratimerlin schrieb: My GS ist my daily too,  so it is evident to me, to have the best tires on the Corvette daily.

Best regards

Edgar

Edgar, but what do you do.   You have a full set (with rims) of summer tires & a full set (with rims) of winter tires?   Or do you mount/dismount & just switch the tires?  Or you just run on summer tires all year round & take the risk?

I am torn as to what is the best route if you use your GS as a daily driver as I do

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Performance data and video recorder Chevyvette90 9 1.834 13.08.2023, 20:27
Letzter Beitrag: Chevyvette90
  PDR (Performance Data Recorder) - Anzeige Streckenführung? MikeG 9 12.082 26.09.2020, 22:23
Letzter Beitrag: HGO
  Performance Luffilter GM-US Teilenummer (84689752) ReWi 19 14.400 25.06.2020, 09:11
Letzter Beitrag: Molle
Lightbulb C7 GM Performance Parts Username 0 2.732 03.11.2015, 07:06
Letzter Beitrag: Username
  2015 C7 mit zwei neuen Paketen - Atlantic Luxury und Pacific Performance JR 13 9.395 28.04.2014, 19:19
Letzter Beitrag: maseratimerlin

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Forenübersicht
Technikforen
-- C 1 Technikforum
-- C 2 Technikforum
-- C 3 Technikforum
-- C 4 Technikforum
---- C4 ZR-1 Technikforum
-- C 5 Technikforum
---- C5 Z06-Technikforum