High Performance All Season Tires
(24.11.2020, 19:45)goec2468 schrieb: An all season tyre is a compromise by definition, ok in summer and in winter, but not really very good in summer nor in winter. If you can live with the compromise you can go that route, in summer the Vette will still be better than most cars.
For me an all season tyre is a no, no, in summer I really enjoy the unrestricted performance of my Vette - that's what I bought it for.

Gotz ... but do you drive yours in the winter or you store it from Oct to April?   If you drive it then what do you do about tires?
It's a fact that an all-season tire is alway as compromise between summer and winter. That means it's not the best summer nor the best winter tire. Why should I deal with compromises when driving my Vette?

And by the way I also do not hesitate to change wheels when going on track.

For me this looks like a senseless discussion. But of course you can do what you want.

Stefan
I drive during winter as well, but only when the weather is good. Therefore I use the summer tyres during winter as well. If I was to drive regardless of the weather, I would buy a second set of wheels with winter tyres.
Gruß

Götz
(24.11.2020, 19:50)marek_sukiennik schrieb: JR, I am sorry to "burst your bubble" but the C8 comes with all-season Michelin tires ...

Sorry for interference, but in order to make it more transparent for you: JR does not accept the C8 as a true CORVETTE due to its engine layout.
So he tends to call it "FIERO II" …

I personally prefer 2 separate sets of summer and winter tyres including 2 sets of rims for all my daily drivers. But I have to admit, I leave the Z 06 in the garage for the cold and rainy months. There are more suitable cars for the winter and when you have a choice …

Regards Oliver
Meine Ansichten sind gewachsen, aber selten dogmatisch
(24.11.2020, 19:52)marek_sukiennik schrieb: Edgar, but what do you do.   You have a full set (with rims) of summer tires & a full set (with rims) of winter tires?   Or do you mount/dismount & just switch the tires?  Or you just run on summer tires all year round & take the risk?

I am torn as to what is the best route if you use your GS as a daily driver as I do

I have the same situation like Edgar, a daily GS. We both have a full set with rims of summer tires and a full set of rims for winter tires.
Switching twice every year on the same rim is a good way to damage the rim and leave you crying, and it's a waste of money, too.

Having an extra set of rims with winter tires can be expensive, too, but the rims don't have to be original. That's why some of us have the Schmidt Drago rims for the winter, they're cheaper (though not REALLY cheap).

I generally wouldn't take the risk and run on summer tires all year round... generally. Of course it depends on where you live and how the weather conditions are there. Keep in mind that the cold is not your enemy. Summer tires still grip better than winter tires when it's dry. But only then, it all goes out the window when it's getting wet.
I don't drive much these days with Corona and working from home (aka Home Office in Germany Großes Grinsen). So might not switch to winter tires this year. Also because i have an inspection coming up in February and i need to have the C on the summer set.

About the very spirited driving: This is basically driving the car to it's limits. You can always do that, no matter the car or the tires. You can reach the limit in any case, the difference is the speed and the overall feel of the car when you do. Here the limiting factor is the all-season tires. So in the end, you will just not be as quick. But crippling the car by putting all-seasons on just doesn't make sense to me.
Imagine a scenario when you're driving fast and happen to meet an M4 with summer tires in the summer (or winter ties in the winter) and he just disappears because you just can't keep up because of a lack of grip. Now that does not feel right, does it?
https://translate.google.com/translate?h...d%3D103068
(25.11.2020, 10:14)BFM schrieb: ... I have the same situation like Edgar, a daily GS. We both have a full set with rims of summer tires and a full set of rims for winter tires.
Having an extra set of rims with winter tires can be expensive, too, but the rims don't have to be original. That's why some of us have the Schmidt Drago rims for the winter, they're cheaper (though not REALLY cheap). ...

Same with me.  Prost! Summer tires for summer, winter tires for winter. As simple as it can be.

Even GM has understood that vehicles for Germany and Europe should not be delivered with all-season tires. Zwink
Haben sie?

Das wird sich doch wohl erst im Zeitablauf erweisen.

Gruß

JR
[Bild: cf_sig_2009.jpg]
Es ist schade, dass nicht mehr das Erreichte zählt, sondern das Erzählte reicht!
(25.11.2020, 11:49)JR schrieb: Haben sie? ...

Bisher wurden wir von solchen Witzreifen doch verschont - oder hab' ich in der Vergangenheit etwas verpasst? Zwink

In den USA werden die GM- (Performance-) Fahrzeuge ja schon lange (auch) mit Ganzjahresreifen ausgeliefert, aber doch nicht bei uns?
War das bei der C7 in  USA der Fall - nicht dass ich wüsste?

Die Thematik gab es mWn vorher noch nicht.

Gruß

JR
[Bild: cf_sig_2009.jpg]
Es ist schade, dass nicht mehr das Erreichte zählt, sondern das Erzählte reicht!

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Performance data and video recorder Chevyvette90 9 1.763 13.08.2023, 20:27
Letzter Beitrag: Chevyvette90
  PDR (Performance Data Recorder) - Anzeige Streckenführung? MikeG 9 12.041 26.09.2020, 22:23
Letzter Beitrag: HGO
  Performance Luffilter GM-US Teilenummer (84689752) ReWi 19 14.330 25.06.2020, 09:11
Letzter Beitrag: Molle
Lightbulb C7 GM Performance Parts Username 0 2.705 03.11.2015, 07:06
Letzter Beitrag: Username
  2015 C7 mit zwei neuen Paketen - Atlantic Luxury und Pacific Performance JR 13 9.364 28.04.2014, 19:19
Letzter Beitrag: maseratimerlin

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Forenübersicht
Technikforen
-- C 1 Technikforum
-- C 2 Technikforum
-- C 3 Technikforum
-- C 4 Technikforum
---- C4 ZR-1 Technikforum
-- C 5 Technikforum
---- C5 Z06-Technikforum