Junkman's "Wet Sanding 101 - The Videos!"
You've asked and asked for it, and I finally made the time and got it done. My start to finish videos on DIY wet sanding!

There are 8 videos in this series, however, most of the information will be covered in the first 4 videos. Halfway through the fourth video, I change up and try using the PC-7424 as an orbital sander. Now the only orbital sand paper that I had was 3000 grit, which isn't going to do all that much so I had mixed feelings about the results. Add to that the price of orbital sandpaper and I wasn't about to invest a whole lot of money trying to see what would happen. Maybe somebody from 3M will see this and donate some to the Junkman's research fund!

Just as always, READ THE TEXT THAT ACCOMPANIES EACH VIDEO BEFORE YOU WATCH THE VIDEO! This cuts down on the repeat questions that I get, which are usually covered in the text (not to mention the videos). If you skip through the videos and miss something I covered in detail there, I'm just going to send you back to the videos. If you ever have to suffer through uploading videos of high quality to You Tube, you'll understand (it took 12 hours to upload these). Plus, I always get bombarded with questions from people who stumble upon the videos, not having any knowledge of the thread that they are posted in. It actually takes me hours to answer my emails some days! :willy:

After watching the videos and deciding to purchase any Adam's products, be sure and use the discount code "Junkman" (without the quotes) to get a 10% discount on any Adam's products you purchase! :thumbsup:

So, with that said, here we go!

Sie haben gefragt, und fragte sie, und ich endlich die Zeit und haben es getan. Mein Anfang bis Ende auf Videos DIY nass Schleifen!

Es gibt 8 Videos in dieser Reihe, aber die meisten der Informationen werden in den ersten 4 Videos. Mitte des vierten Video, bis ich das ändern, und versuchen Sie es mit der PC-7424 als Schwingschleifer. Jetzt nur Orbitressourcen Sand Papier, das ich hatte, war 3000 K, das ist nicht, alles zu tun, dass so viel hatte ich gemischte Gefühle über die Ergebnisse. Hinzu kommt, dass der Preis der Orbitressourcen Sandpapier und ich war nicht zu investieren, eine ganze Menge Geld zu sehen, was passiert. Vielleicht jemand von 3M wird diese und einige Spenden für die Forschung Junkman Fonds!

So wie immer, lesen Sie den Text, der bei jedem Video, bevor man sich das Video an! Dies reduziert die auf die Fragen wiederholen, die ich bekomme, die in der Regel in den Text (ganz zu schweigen von den Videos). Überspringen, wenn Sie durch die Videos und verpassen etwas, was ich im Detail gibt, bin ich einfach nur, um Sie zurück zu den Videos. Wenn Sie schon zu leiden haben durch das Hochladen von Videos von hoher Qualität auf You Tube, Sie verstehen (es dauerte 12 Stunden, um diese Upload). Plus, ich bekomme immer mit Fragen bombardiert, von Menschen, die auf den Videos stolpern, ohne irgendwelche Kenntnisse der Thread, sie werden in. Es ist mir eigentlich Stunden Antwort auf meine E-Mails einige Tage! : Willy:

Nachdem ich die Videos und der Entscheidung zum Kauf Adam alle Produkte, sicher sein, und die Verwendung der Rabatt-Code "Junkman" (ohne die Anführungszeichen), um eine 10% Rabatt auf alle Produkte, die Sie Adam's kaufen! : thumbsup:

Also, mit dem gesagt, hier geht's!

[Bild: new_wetsand01.jpg]

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuYGtOyk-28"]Video 1 - Introduction and Wet Sanding Basics[/URL]

In this video, I talk about things like the paint thickness gauge, the grits of sandpaper that you can use with Adam's Polishes, and general information on what to and what not to do. I also go into the description of the Adam's Focal Pads and Backing Plate Kit..

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8PvDksGSZw"]Video 2 - Focal Pad's and Wet Sanding with 2500 Grit Paper[/URL]

In this video, I continue the discussion about the focal pads and start the wet sanding process using the 2500 grit sandpaper. Every once in a while, you may hear me say that I'm using 2000 grit paper. That is not true, that is just me having a senior moment. Augenrollen

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMZJQ6KKko"]Video 3 - Wet Sanding with 2500 and 3000 grit Paper[/URL]

In this video, I'm removing the scratches with both grits of sandpaper. Once I get through with the 3000 grit paper, I find that I didn't go deep enough with the 2500 grit. Thus, I repeat the process again. The reason I didn't go deep enough was because I was trying to be careful and not go through the clear coat. This is why you need a paint thickness gauge. Without one, you are just guessing at how much clear coat you have to work with. That hood had been painted before so it has more clear on it than a car that has factory clear on it. Factory clear is notoriously thin and you have to be extremely careful when wet sanding on it.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXJje9hM0s"]Video 4 - Using the Focal Pads to Remove Wet Sanding Damage[/URL]

In this video, you see me remove the damage that I've done using the Focal Pads and Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover Car Polish (SHR). Halfway through this video, we are basically done with the repair. I do show you the area that I'm working on and how much of the damage has already been repaired. All that is left is to follow the SHR with the Adam's Fine Machine Polish, and then the wax of your choice. I prefer the new Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax Yeeah!

After that, I go into the discussion of using the PC-7424 as a orbital sander. Since the sandpaper that I was using is so fine (3000 grit), it really didn't do much but laugh at the paint. If I am ever to do this again, I will definitely have to get a heavy grit sandpaper. At $80.00 a box for 15 sheets, I won't be doing it anytime soon!

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a0TkuQYsUk"]Video 5 - Using the PC-7424 as an Orbital Sander[/URL]

In this video, you get to see me using the PC as a orbital sander using some 3000 grit orbital sanding disk. The results are not what I was looking for as 3000 grit sandpaper is just not harsh enough to do what I was thinking I could do. Had I used some 1500 grit paper, I would have really accomplished something but the damage would have probably been unrecoverable. That would have called for a visit to the paint shop!

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVtF382qFGI"]Video 6 - Correcting the Damage Done with the Orbital Sander[/URL]

Just what it says. I use SHR and a orange pad to correct the damage that I did with the orbital sander. I show a new technique that I am using consisting of a lot of pressure with the polisher set on a speed of 5 - 6. As I approach the end of my buffing process, I let up on the polisher and let the weight of the polisher do the final work.

I only use this technique with the orange pad, never with the white or black pads.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flv5XAH8vLs"]Video 7 - Results of My New Technique[/URL]

In this video, we look at the results of my new technique. I also discuss some of the supplies that I used with the orbital sander. The results speak for themselves. Adam's Polishes are for real!

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h17o1thCNg"]Video 8 - The Recap and Conclusion[/URL]

Just as the titles says, I go over everything that I did and give you my insight of the experience. In the end, I will stick to wet sanding when it comes to getting rid of scratches. Maybe if I had to sand a entire panel would I give thought to using the PC as a orbital sander but for now, it's one scratch at a time. :thumbsup:

Well that's it folks! Give'em a watch and let me know what you think. I think you'll find them as educational as always, with me showing my senior monents splashed throughout the production. What can an old jarhead say? Großes Grinsen

Here are some pictures from the experience:

[Bild: new_wetsand1.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand2.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand3.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand4.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand5.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand6.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand7.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand8.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand9.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand10.jpg]

[Bild: new_wetsand11.jpg]

The Junkman
"The Germans call us devil dogs (Teufelshunde), our title is Marines."
Cheers man Prost! and thanks for the great work you do!

Respekt

Michael
“There are two kinds of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig.”
hi marine
it`s great what you have done.

greetz
dirk Prost!

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Junkman at the Kentucky Horses & Horsepower Show! Junkman2008 9 3.363 17.05.2010, 20:57
Letzter Beitrag: Jochen
  Bekämpft wird eine Junkman Nasty Scratch! Junkman2008 10 3.092 22.03.2009, 19:10
Letzter Beitrag: Ben
  Die besten Corvette Videos.... gelöschtes Mitglied 10 3.799 15.04.2007, 20:41
Letzter Beitrag: GeneralDiDi
  C5 Tests und Videos Mini-Mieze 2 1.835 19.03.2006, 01:32
Letzter Beitrag: JR

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Forenübersicht
Technikforen
-- C 1 Technikforum
-- C 2 Technikforum
-- C 3 Technikforum