L-89 Motor Wiederaufbau helfen bitte
Translated from google:

Guten Tag,

Ich habe ein 1967 L-89-Motor in der Notwendigkeit einer ordnungsgemäßen wieder aufzubauen. Das Auto befindet sich in Berlin. Es fiel ein Ventil und machte ein ernstes Durcheinander im Kopf und Kolben. Es ist derzeit demontiert.

Ich bin für ein Geschäft, das nicht nur geht es richtig zu machen laufen, aber wer schätzt und respektiert, was sie achten sollten. Ich möchte es so nah wie möglich zu den ursprünglichen Spezifikationen zu halten.

Kann jemand empfehlen, eine Maschinenhalle oder Motorenbauer auskennen oder erlebt mit großen Block Corvettes?

Vielen Dank,

Sixcarbs

Good afternoon,

I have a 1967 L-89 motor in need of a proper rebuild. The car is located in Berlin. It dropped a valve and made a serious mess of the head and piston. It is presently disassembled.

I am looking for a shop that is not just going to make it run right but who appreciates and respects what it should be. I want to keep it as close as possible to original specifications.

Can anyone recommend a machine shop or engine builder knowledgeable about or experienced with big block Corvettes?

Thank you very much,

Sixcarbs
Wow!

A 67 L-89 - even more rare than a L-88...... one of sixteen....

You are definitely right, if this is a real and documented L-89, it should be treated well.
I am sorry for the "mess of the head and piston" - this might become a real task.
The original Aluminium heads are not an easy find.

I´m not from the Berlin area, but I doubt for this kind of engine you would only go local.

Will PM you more info.
TEST TEST TEST
This is the man you are looking for:

Thomas Draesel
Holländerstr. 120
Berlin-Reinickendorf
030 - 45 80 10 70
Or
Thorsten Schwarz
Total Performance
Koblenz
0261-802030

https://total-performance.de/

der bekommt auch Sorgenkinder von grossen Herstellern und museen, aber auch Rennsport und Classics. Läuft aber dann zur Hochform auf wenn es was spezielles sein muss, ist Spezi für US-Classic-Motoren
Sixcarbs,

Hope this turns out with a happy ending for you. We're a nosy bunch here: Can you give us some background info on the car, the engine and (of course) yourself? Pics mandatory Yeeah!. Not everyday that someone asks questions about an L-89 here. If you don't mind my asking: Were the car and engine born together?

Good luck to you. (Edit: And of course willkommen im besten Forum für die Corvette)

Martin
Thank you for the quick responses. This is just the type of local information I was looking for.

454Big2, I sent you a PM. Don't know if I did it right.

It is a real L-89 that underwent a ground up restoration about 10 years ago. No expense was spared at the time. I went to great lengths at the time to make sure everything was done true to original specs.

I already acquired a replacement set of heads and miraculously they were dated one day off the ones that came off of the car.

I will try and post pictures if I can.

It's not the original motor but the car was born an L-89. It's red/red with a black stinger and white top. The car belongs to my business partner. I have been a car guy all my life and oversaw its purchase and restoration 10 years ago.

I bought a '69 L-88 at the same time that I reluctantly parted with 2 years ago. That was a beast. Rebuilt the motor to original specs and with the headers it dynoed 540 HP as expected. It had 4.56 gears. Of course I only ran it on the purple racing fuel as required. :)

Glad I found this forum.

================
Vielen Dank für die schnellen Antworten. Dies ist genau die Art von lokalen Informationen, die ich suchte.

454Big2, schickte ich Ihnen eine Uhr. Sie wissen nicht, ob ich es richtig gemacht haben.

Es ist eine echte L-89, die einen Grund auf Restaurierung unterzog sich vor etwa 10 Jahren. Kein Aufwand wurde zu der Zeit nicht verschont. Ich ging auf große Längen zu der Zeit, um sicherzustellen, dass alles getan wurde originalgetreu specs.

Ich habe bereits erworbenen einen Ersatz-Set von Köpfen und wie durch ein Wunder wurden sie vom einen freien Tag diejenigen, die aus der Kabine kam.

Ich werde versuchen, Bilder posten, wenn ich kann.

Es ist nicht das Original-Motor, aber das Auto wurde eine L-89, geboren. Es ist rot / rot mit einem schwarzen und weißen Oberteil Stinger. Das Auto gehört meinem Geschäftspartner. Ich habe ein Auto Kerl mein ganzes Leben und betreute seine Kauf und der Restaurierung vor 10 Jahren.

Ich kaufte mir ein 69er L-88 zur gleichen Zeit, dass ich ungern mit 2 Jahren trennten. Das war eine Bestie. Rebuilt den Motor original Spezifikationen und mit den Headern es dynoed 540 PS wie erwartet. Er hatte 4,56 Gängen. Natürlich habe ich nur lief es auf dem lila Racing Kraftstoff als nötig. :)

Froh, dass ich dieses Forum gefunden.
Hi Sixcarbs,

I can recommend this company with more than 70 Years experience in engine overhauling.

It is not in Berlin, in my old hometown BOCHUM - North Rhine Westfalia.

https://www.micke-technologie.de/

https://www.gmi-ev.de/gmi_d_08_09mic_09x.html

Thay are also experts for MOPAR car engines.

Best regards

Frank

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Motor geht aus perlen 29 2.391 17.03.2024, 16:57
Letzter Beitrag: perlen
  Anlasser dreht den Motor nicht chevyunger 31 10.590 10.02.2023, 14:53
Letzter Beitrag: maseratimerlin
  Motoröl Inhalt für 396cui Motor Mack 1 1.648 25.11.2022, 12:55
Letzter Beitrag: Wesch
  C2 Lampen motor ausbauen MG_Corvette 2 2.678 17.10.2021, 19:01
Letzter Beitrag: Big Block Chris
  Motor stirbt nach Starten ab und nimmt ab 3500 Umdrehungen kein Gas mehr an Wohltaeter 4 2.549 06.09.2021, 20:27
Letzter Beitrag: PG

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Forenübersicht
Technikforen
-- C 1 Technikforum
-- C 2 Technikforum
-- C 3 Technikforum
-- C 4 Technikforum
---- C4 ZR-1 Technikforum
-- C 5 Technikforum
---- C5 Z06-Technikforum